2020 Intern Applications
- Internships will last for 6 months, from January – June 2020.
- Interns will gain experience in coral restoration work including underwater nursery maintenance, outplanting, and fragging & hanging of Staghorn and Elkhorn fragments.
- This position involves frequent community engagement through education, dive programs, field work and land based workshops.
- Opportunities for independent projects are available.
- Typical days involve 1-3 dives for general nursery maintenance or educating local divers and tourists, along with computer based projects and data entry.
- There is a small monthly stipend to help offset living costs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be over the age of 21.
- Applicants must hold a Dutch or US Passport.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Rescue dive certification or higher.
- All dive gear (excluding tanks and weights) must be provided by the intern, this includes BCD, Regulator, Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Wetsuit.
- Housing and vehicular transport must be provided by intern. Please keep in mind, the cost of living in Curacao is around $900 per month.
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to work in the sun for long periods of time (up to 8 hours a day, several days in a row).
- No previous coral restoration experience required.
- Interns must be willing to problem solve and learn new skills.
APPLICATION DATES AND PROCEDURE
Application deadline: 11th December 2019
Interviews: 16 – 20th December 2019
Applications should include a cover letter and CV (indicating dive certification level and dive experience).
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org